Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wanna eat a crayon? Well, you can!

Teaching Art is so FUN.

I've decided to take my Art History course I took last semester and water it down and teach that. So... we're starting with art periods. Our first unit was the Archaic Style. Their project was to paint/decorate a pot, where in the middle, they should paint a picture about a story about a hero, or an animal or something creative. Think of Hercules (yes, the Disney movie) or Egyptian type-ish drawings. I will post pictures soon. These students are so good at being individuals and creative. It's so FUN.

Also with all this art, I'm starting to develop a bit of an obsession to art supplies. Fresh, clean, sharp colored pencils... plump and thick paint brushes... clay that makes your hands all chalky and dry...
EDIBLE CRAYONS.... WHA?





















I am learning so much about myself, my potentials, my limits, my dearest inner-core desires, and my personal goals. I've always had such issues balancing stress, emotions, inner conflicts, and basically life... but I hope and I think I'm working towards clarity and peace. I'm also learning things that I really like about myself. I'm not easily persuaded, I'm very flexible, I try to do everything with pure intentions, I don't speak openly about my emotions and I'm fairly good at becoming good at something. My confidence in myself is growing, but not in a cocky/conceited way... it's just growing.

I had a dream that I was on the bus here in Ecuador and someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to find my brother sitting behind me with a huge grin saying 'SURPRISE' and then laughing like a hyena from the Lion King and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. Such a good dream. The best part about the dream.... IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO HAPPEN. December.... december... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment