Buuuuuuuuuuuut besides the packing, I just got back from my weekend trip to Tucson to say goodbye to my friends/life there. It was perfect.
My summer of 10 flights, three road trips, one cruise, medical fiascos, two concerts, one musical, old friends, new friends, mickey mouse, service, forrest adventures, pictures, music exploring, and LOVE is officially over. But the year has only just begun! Along with many, many, new emotions...
My friends ask me if I am excited for my trip. And yeah... somewhere in that mix of emotions, I'm sure there is excitement. But to be honest, my emotions are such a blur, I can't even make out what they are! But my friends would also ask why I am going. My answer has gone through many evolutions. At times, I am taking this year to rest up before jumping right back into the academic rigor of college and potential years of medical school. At times, this year is my opportunity to learn a new language and to learn about myself. At times, it is to experience a new culture and live life outside my comfortable AZ desert box. But honestly, all those answers are secondary to my main purpose. The reason for my year of service is service! The point of this year is service. It's time to spend a small chunk of my life dedicated to serving humanity... directly. I've decided to commit my life to service because I believe when you serve those around you, you are serving God. We all do this in different ways and this year is my way.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here are pictures from my Tucson visit! This is Kristen, my besfren.
Thanks, Meredith







No comments:
Post a Comment