So far, I've portrayed my experience here in Ecuador as a grand-old-jolly-good time... but in reality... it's also been quite a difficult week.
I got sick two nights ago with a fever and yucky stomach issues. My body has been struggling with adjusting to the lifestyle here... the food, the travel, the climate. Eating dairy products is huge here and people rarely drink water for the sake of drinking water, unless they have it in a water bottle and no one really buys water bottles hahaha! I've always had issues with eating too much dairy and coming from Arizona, for me, drinking water is just as important as breathing air! Today I should be moving into an apartment with Valerie, so I will be able to make my own food and buy my own water. I woke up with my fever gone, but still feeling a bit weak.
There are other factors that made this week difficult, but I think it's important to try to stay positive and trudge on (thanks to the encouragement from my mom/dad/bro and other close friends :P). Thanks especially to Marina. I love her.
I'm currently watching a commercial (en espanol) for Barbie H2O where you can draw on her clothes and hair with water and she/her clothes changes color. Ah, to be eight again for a day or two would be a wonderful thing with that doll.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment