Monday, September 13, 2010

Flip flops

After school today, Val and I went home to relax, eat some snacks, and get ready to go to the children's class (Baha'i inspired spiritual class for lil wee ones) near the house we were originally staying at. Today was a bit warmer than most days and I hadn't worn flip flops in over a week (a personal record). I decided today would be the day to break out my flip flops along with my flipflop tan-line and my black/sparkly polished toes into the Ecuadorian world.

I think God/Mother Nature/the Universe/bad luck thought differently. Maybe I've been spoiled with my Arizonian weather where I can wear flip flops pretty much all year round. Or maybe someone did an intense gyrating rain dance, but the moment I walked out the door it began to rain. Oh wait, did I say rain? It was more like torrential downpour. World-1, Maryam-0.

I have also bought a cactus. It's small and cute and lives on my window sill.

No comments:

Post a Comment