Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm pouting... kinda.

Teaching sucks.

And as much as I want to just pout and pout and throw a pity party about it.... I won't. Because pouting is for losers. And I'm not a loser. Just a disappointed non-certified English teacher who caught one of her favorite students cheating during her exam.

The exam was stolen from my office yesterday and passed around. Being a student myself... and knowing the ways of cheating... I wasn't very impressed. They were passing the exam on the floor... foot to foot. WHAT? We had way more clever ways of cheating. The rubber band. The writing on the desk. The secret stretching/coughing/finger tapping/foot tapping code. Really? Everyone knows you don't bring evidence of cheating into the actual exam. Let alone pass it in clear sight??????? CREATIVITY GUYS

Now don't go thinking I'm this huge cheater. I've heard stories. I've been in their situation. A by-passer... watching the cheating happen... and ok sometimes participating. But it's so different being on the other side. Being the teacher. It sucks. And you really really really really have to try not to take it personally.

So currently I am writing a new exam to give tomorrow. It's not about Harry Potter. So I decided to go to the next best thing... jazz.

Also, look at these shoes of Christmas-cuteness-holidays-JOY-winter-ruldoph-frosty-ness. Anthropologie you kill meeeeeeee.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Norwegian Sweater Shoes. And I sympathize with the teacher-view of cheating. And, thanks for the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete