Saturday, December 4, 2010

Curvy twisted

My spine is being lame again. Incase you didn't already know, scoliosis sucks.
I had a bit of a freak out moment when I looked down as I was showering (sorry for the awkward picture) to see my stomach twisting to the left and my upper body twisting to the right when it felt like I was standing as straight as I could...
But, it is what it is and that's that.
'Abdu'l-Bahá says "to attain eternal happiness one must suffer. He who has reached the state of self-sacrifice has true joy. Temporal joy will vanish."
So I am happily dwelling in my curves and twists. Woo. Suffering. Woo. Positivity.

Also... this caught my attention because I feel like I have this conversation with myself alllllll the time.
Q: 'Can a departed soul converse with someone still on earth?'
A: 'A conversation can be held, but not as our conversation. There is no doubt that the forces of the higher worlds interplay with the forces of this plane. The heart of man is open to inspiration; this is spiritual communication. As in a dream one talks with a friend while the mouth is silent, so is it in the conversation of the spirit. A man may converse with the ego within him saying: “May I do this? Would it be advisable for me to do this work?” Such as this is conversation with the higher self.' -'Abdu'l-Bahá

But it's more like "should you eat that cookie with that fried empenada drenched in nuetella?" Just kidding, I promise I have more profound conversations with myself... but seriously, nuetella is no joke.

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud at a really bad time in the session. I'm in the sound booth and there's a really devotion-y program going on in the main hall. Oops.

    You're too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl I totally feel your pain, I look at myself in the mirror all the time and see my hips going one way and my upper body going the opposite! It sucks and the pain is the worst, but we are some of the strongest people I know going through this and everything will be ok. I read your blog all the time and I miss you and love you so much! I hope all is well and if you ever need to talk im here :) love ya- Love Cate Ginos

    ReplyDelete