Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is purity of heart. Purity of mind. Purity of soul. Can you imagine? Your every thought, every action completely free from vain imaginings, from frivolous purpose. Every thought, every action comes from a place inside of you so real, so true to itself, that it cannot express anything but purity. You say everything you mean and you mean everything you say. This is what I strive for every day.
It's like a superpower almost. Although if I were a superhero, I'd probably want the power of learning through osmosis... or diffusion. I'd sleep with a book under my pillow every night. The info would just flow into my brain!
I'm about to give my high school students their final exam. Haha, suckas! But yesterday afternoon I tutored Jin Soo, Fernando, and Orlando in English and Chemistry. It made me sooooooooooooooo happy to be drawing Lewis Structures, molecular geometry, and polarity and other really basic chem stuff. And I explained it all in Spanish. Dr. Pollard would be proud. I also told my one and only chemistry joke... about the electron walking into a bar and asking where his electron went and the bartender asking if he was sure he lost it and the electron saying "I'm positive" BAHA cracks me up every time.
It's raining right now. And I just saw Casablanca for the first time yesterday when I stayed home from school from a sick stomach because I ate something ify in the indigenous community the day before. So with themes of rain and romance in my head....
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment