![]() |
| Fairy Godmother... bibbidi bobbidi boo? |
2. I love children. I can't wait to have my own. Actually I can, but you get the point. The point is is that my world explodes every day when I walk into 3rd grade and the entire class practically runs up and bear hugs me. Or when 3 year old Andre (with his eyebrows) stares at me in the kinder/pre-kinder bus only then to ask me (in English) "how are you today" with out a smile or even a tiny twitch of his face. Or in 1st grade, when even after putting Juan David or Miguel or Alec or Joel in time out, they still run up and give me hugs goodbye. Or how Adonis from 6th grade saves a seat for me on the bus ride home. The constant love is so uplifting and I can't help but be so happy around them.
Anyway. My recent obsession with children had left me thinking crazy thoughts... thoughts leaning towards maybe being a kindergarden teacher. Which is kinda crazy but it really makes a lot of sense. So anyway, I told Nabil about it when I was in Cuenca. He asked me why I'm not pursuing that. I told him I want to be a doctor more. So then he told me quite simply "why don't you be a pediatrician" and then bam whoosh click, I felt this 'YES' feeling hit me in my gut. And now it all just... works.
Before now, I couldn't imagine myself as a doctor. Now I can't get the image out of my head.


No comments:
Post a Comment