Thursday, February 3, 2011

MIA

So I've kinda been MIA recently. Which, honestly, I'm kinda happy about.

I've been trying to spend less and less time on the computer. It's so amazing. Apparently there's this entire world outside of my 13" macbook. Go figure.

So, here's what's been going on.

1. This week has been futbol crazy week. The school's been having tournaments between the grades. I played on the first day... the profesoras vs. the mamas. I was a mama. I really suck at futbol. But I'm actually getting good at the foot trick stuff thanks to my pro friend Mauro!

2. I've been avoiding my market man because I haven't gone to buy things from him in almost three weeks. I'm pretty sure he hates me (us) now. One time I actually backtracked to avoid walking by his store. There goes my free pieces of bread. Sigh.

3. Spoiler alert for Bayan... stop reading and skip to #4. So I've been passing around an "te extrañamos" card in cuarto de basica. Everyday I walk in and Martín and Dylan ask me where Bayan is and when he's coming back. EVERY DAY. So I decided to put together a little "we miss you and we love you" card for the amazing Bayan. Dylan wrote the following: "Ben para que replecarse a Maryam" which through the spelling errors and the different language and all means "come so that you can replace Maryam." I swear, they love me.

4. Valerie's parents sent her a huge load of children's books. In English. And Kendy, my 4 year old neighbor, LOOOOOOOOVES them all. He also insists we read them in English. My Mom would absolutely love this boy.

5. I come home June 5th.

6. I see Bosch in my future.

1 comment:

  1. wow. #4 #5 #6. wow.

    "Ben para que replecarse a Maryam" haha!!!

    of course there is a world outside your Macbook 13"... it's the one that inside my Powerbook 15".

    lurv'ya!

    ReplyDelete