Friday, February 25, 2011

Coming to Ecuador was the best decision I've ever made

It's kinda depressing when the only emails you get in a day are mass-emails from your university's major advisor. Especially when you're not even technically in university. But that's ok. Because today was the English Spelling Bee and my student won! Represent woo

On a more thoughtful note...
Remember these posts?
Estaba enfermo
Alaska vs Arizona
Yeah, that was me wanting to go home.

And this is me wanting to stay here forever.
Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer


I decided I wanted to go to South America during December of 2007. I remember feeling that deep longing in the root of my heart to go, to go, to go. To do it, to do it, to do it! It was so strong that sometimes I couldn't sleep. I'd fantasize about being here. Learning the language, being with new people, serving and doing something active with my beliefs. I don't think I've ever felt anything as strong as the pull, the longing, the wish to come here.

And guess what?
I did it.

1 comment:

  1. The truth, I say unto you, “Verily, the Supreme Concourse utter praise upon you, because ye forsook the desires of self, were illumined by the light of guidance, clothed yourselves with the garment of sanctity and called in the Name of El-Abha among the people. Verily, ye shall reap what ye sow and obtain the fruits of what ye plant. This is a pre-ordained fact.”-Tablets of 'Abdu'l-Bahá

    ReplyDelete