Monday, February 14, 2011

Felíz Día del Amor y Amistdad!

Happy day of love and friendship! I love that they call it that here. So tight. I mean, if we all celebrated it like that (of love and friendship) there's more of a chance that I wouldn't have been valentineless all these years! Har har, I'm a lonely hag! Just kidding.

So, I have an amazing Mom who would make my Valentines Day special every year. She'd write love notes for us to wake up to the next day on the bathroom mirrors in red lipstick. Usually with some kiss marks as well. Looking back at it, that must've been a bit strange kissing a mirror. I mean it would be like kissing yourself............ weird.

But she'd also leave boxes of chocolates and valentines cards for us at the breakfast table. How sweet is that?

Then of course, my dad would come home from work with flowers and goodies for my mom (which we'd usually end up eating anyway) and our parents would be all mushy and gross and we'd go "EWWWWWW" and giggle and make faces of disgust. I mean COME ON, I think it should be a crime for parents to show PDA*, even on Valentines Day. Jus sayin.

Sigh. I do miss my family.
<3

*Edited. Used to be PDF. Thanks Jess :P

1 comment:

  1. Yes, parents sharing PDFs is a crime. I mean, what sort of document is good enough to share at the dinner table??

    PDA is also a crime. :P


    Miss you, M! Feliz Dia del Amor y Amistdad!

    ReplyDelete