Friday, June 25, 2010

Three weeks I will never forget

On route in the truck back to AZ and one question lingers in my mind...
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?????????

Amsterdam
PROS
-Hogwarts feeling platform/trains
-Pretty (I mean like really pretty) blonde boys... everywhere
-Night life all night long
-People whistling happily by on their bikes (everyone and their mommas rides bikes)
-Day trip to Utrecht
-Cheese stands
-Pickle dogs
-Dutch accents increase attractiveness X5
-Falling in love with the Dom Tower tour guide in Utrecht
-Cafe shops EVERYWHERE
-World Cup on every TV possible except for the small tv in the corner showing the highlights of the NBA finals (boo Kobe)
-Cool Fine Art Majors from Iowa roommates
-Old school Hip-Hop dance club with a girl Dutch rapper
-Busy even at 3am. Way different than in Gilbert where you sit at a red light for five min alone... with no cars passing by either way.
-Canals/greenery/tulips/market shops
-Free loading off public transport... hehe
-Waffles and pancakes. They put anything on their pancakes.... seriously, anything.
-Sunny days laying in the grass watching the clouds float on by the Van Gogh museum.
-Hot black dutch men blasting ghetto rap in a Benz. Ah.
-Renting bikes and riding down the ports
-Dutch airport security guards that could pass for models.
CONS
-Cancer sticks. EVERYWHEREEEEE. My poor lungs
-Weird awkward smells...
-Raining everyday except for the last... humidity + my hair = puff ball explosion
-Spider bites on my left ankle. Itchy
-McDonalds. GRRRR
-Pot head Fine Arts Majors from Iowa roommates :P
-Outdoor urinals for men... they just go pee right there.... on the street corner. What?

Barcelona
PROS
-Blue cheese pizza
-Spending the last day of being 18 on the beach (I turned 18 on the beach so it seemed fitting)
-Break dancing on Las Rambla
-View from Montuic and Mount Tibidabo
-La Grada Familia arc... based off of nature, it was beautiful
-Turning 19!
-Henna tattoo of the sun... I'm a desert girl
-The feeling you get after you blow your nose. Ah I love it
-Montserrat day trip. We took an hour train trip out of the city and a cable car up to the monetary and hiked around in the mountains
-Creative photos :)
-Dixieland style jazz band with a piano, trumpet, banjo, drum set and a CLARINET... eeeee this guy was amazing. Made me proud to be a fellow clarinet player!
-Light/music show at Monjuic magic fountain
-The pizza. Especially the crust.. mmmm
-Trying to get into other tourists' pictures in the background. HAHA so fun
-Cameron's good news!!
-A lazy last day spend chillin in the city
-Buying a KAZOO!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I'm going to paint it pink as inspired by the picture I posted earlier.
CONS
-Cancer sticks. Again everywhere.
-Boobs everywhere on the beach. Grossness
-Joan Miro surrealist artist... sorry to say I do not like surrealism after this artist. Weird stuff
-"Cervesaaaaaas, beeeeeeeeer, coca-colaaaaaaaaa" - Annoying people always trying to sell you stuff on the beach

Disneyland
PROS
-Everything
-Feeling like I'm 8 again.
-Riding Space Mountain three times in a row
-Going on California Screamin with Nana... three times. HAHAHAH
-Taking pictures on the Tower of Terror HAAHAH
-The Wonderful World of Color show.... AMAMMAMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAAAAAAZING
-Super deep fried corn dogs
-Singing disney songs all day long
-Disneyland is seriously the happiest place on earth
CONS
-Nothing

Carnival Cruise (Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico)
PROS
-Scuba diving
-Kayaking with my dad
-Dancing till 3 in the morning with my cousins
-Being with the family
-Eating food whenever I wanted for free-ish
-Experiencing the view from inside an ambulance for the first time
-Getting an unexpected view of the Catalina Island via BayWatch Boat and USC Hyperbolic Chamber trucks
-Being surrounded by 20 med students all asking me questions and presenting me and my case to the head doctor just like in Grey's Anatomy... so cool
-The fact that half of those med students were attractive men... attractive to-be doctor men. Heheh.
CONS
-The left side of my face going paralyzed from scuba diving. It's normal now... scary stuff
-Developing intense allergic reaction to something I have no idea that left me with inflamed hives all over my arms and legs. Hahaahhahahahahhhahahaahhaha yes that would happen.
-Having to get a steroid shot.... in my bum. Just when I thought I had hit rock bottom....... rock bottom gives me a shot in the ass.
-Taking heavy doses of Benadryl which kept me pretty drugged and loopy for the rest of the trip. But I had no problem sleeping since I was always drowsy so that's nice


Pictures as soon as my brother sends them to me. Btw... I love my brother.


And this is my jam right now. Got me bustin out moves in my seat.

1 comment: