Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June Bug



June Junie Juni Juin Junho Junio!!!

In celebration of the 1st day belonging to the month that is all glorious, I cooked dinner for my family!
I LOVE being in the kitchen and making up recipes as I go. The trick is to stay simple.
On the menu: Chicken Penne Alfredo with Broccoli and Parmesan. I also popped some buttered french bread in the oven. It actually all tasted really good!!!


It's been a week since I left NY and I do miss it. There really is no other place like it. This time, I went alone and on my own into the city. Something was special and new about this visit. There was this sense of empowerment within the women walking the streets... empowerment that I'd never really seen in women before. It was inspiring. They seemed accomplished and their style wasn't just clothes and trends, it was expression - a silent yet obvious way to make a point and feel good about themselves at the same time. And, on top of that, their strong strides had an air of softness, independence and femininity. 


I'll take her bangs any day. And that cancer stick, chuck it to the ground and smash it with a hammer.


Today I felt like one of those empowered women. Besides my food masterpiece, I recorded a couple of pieces of music with my amazingly talented girls, Deanna and Anjelica. I haven't felt this happy in a LONG time. Note to future Maryam - build yourself a recording studio. Or hope someone else will :P Poker Face



No comments:

Post a Comment