***
On a completely different note that has nothing to do with The Kite Runner... I attended a wedding yesterday. It was very beautiful and traditional and simple and modest. I dragged Caleb (my best guy friend/my best friend's boyfriend) along as my date. Yes, my shoes are awesome.Anyway, I came home wanting to know what the Baha'i Faith says on marriage.
"The true marriage of Bahá’ís is this, that husband and wife should be united both physically and spiritually, that they may ever improve the spiritual life of each other, and may enjoy everlasting unity throughout all the worlds of God. This is Bahá’í marriage."
Maybe it's because I've never been in a relationship before... but the thought of marriage in my life is so foreign to me. It just seems so complex and grand and incomprehensible. I definitely see myself getting married in the future... but it's a far future!
I'm not going to lie... I don't like admitting that I'm 19 years old and that I've never had a boyfriend. I feel pathetic and lame. But honestly (and frankly unfortunately), I can't really imagine it being any other way. I remember when I was little I would ask my mom what the point was in people dating if they weren't trying to get married. I guess for me as a kid I saw how close people got... physically and emotionally... and I just didn't want to get that close to someone unless I knew that they were going to be around for a while. I went into protective mode before I even had anything to protect! And what did that do? It left me naive, cautious, insecure, and lonely. But it also left me pure, relatively heartbroken-less, open-minded, and as a strong individual. I know who I am, I know what I want, and I don't need a man in my life to be happy... but still... having one would be nice :P
Oh man, it's 3AM and my eyelids hurt.


No comments:
Post a Comment