This is a really sentimental, memory keeping slash diary blog post. Just thought I'd warn the two of you that read this. Hi Valerie and Mom!
I live in Ecuador and I've never been happier. Here's why.
Because of the time the q-tip cotton bit got stuck in my ear and Valerie had to stick tweezers down my auditory canal to pull it out.
For the way that Kendy's eyelids droop when he's super super tired.
Because of Rosita's shy/unexpected/hilarious eyebrow-looks.
For the time that I laughed so hard with Carlos and Oscar, I cried.
Because I went on my first date and he took me salsa/merengue/bachata/reggaeton dancing.
For the fact that table manners don't exist. Elbows up, fingers ready, mouth open and talking.
Because I was dancing with Wladimir in the kitchen and he tried to dip me but then dropped me... and I fell hard on my back on the floor.
For the high-top converses that the hotness monster wears. I'm writing a song about it.
Because Paolo and Paola are dating.
For Jose Luis Perugachi's humor. Pero pero pero por supuesto!
Because I'm singing as a jazz vocalist at a gig in a bar next weekend.
For Tahereh's sweat pants. And how we opened the locked door to the girl dormitory in the institute using a metal wire.
Because Mauro CedeƱo taught me soccer tricks and is the best young man I know (besides my brother).
For Anthony's constant love, although he doesn't do any work in class.
Because Andres in Kindergarden has a crush on Alejandra and whenever she goes to the bathroom, he goes and waits for her to come out, just so he can try to get her to notice him.
For Julian's friendship. And music. And the many many lessons he's taught me.
Because Nabil likes Mr. Bean and opened his house and heart for me.
For the summer school in Chongon. I met some really special people there.
Because Alejandro makes fun of the way I say 'doctor' in Spanish. I say it with a persian accent. Ha.
For the way that the kids in our children's classes love to memorize quotes using the little white boards.
Because Bahieh sends me emails with really cool links that brighten my day.
For Danny's cool/sexy/laid back attitude.
Because of Valerie's cool/sexy/laid back attitude.
For the time that 7mo/4to de basica and Paola dragged me down the hill and drenched me completely with water from the hose on "cleaning" day.
Because we made pizza in Kinder and it was really yummy.
For the time I asked Fabricio to fight.
Because I studied the December 28th letter and the Ridvan 2010 message from the UHJ in spanish and learned SO MUCH.
For the pineapple Janet gave us. Which I used to make pineapple jam.
Because I baked homemade brownies and haven't stopped since.
For the spiritual growth. The swirlings of spiritual stuff stirring around there in my soul.
Because of so much more.
My heart is so full. So full.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read your blog too, Maryam :) annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I wish I was still there with you!
ReplyDeletereading this makes my heart full to!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog to so that makes four us. And maybe also some stranger in Russia. so let's say 5 so it boosts your self esteem!! (boosted yet?)
Table manners? Which table manners? There's probably not even a word for that.
And I'm so jealous that Mauro thaught you soccer tricks. I've been begging forever. He has ignored my plight so far.
xox
l + s u
b :)