She wore gauges in her ears, could get through any kind of defense set up, and was all around a straight up bad ass.
I remember her being hilarious too. Real frank. Real sarcastic.
One time during a game against this rich Scottsdale school, a snotty parent called out to the ref complaining about Liza's gauges (no jewelry allowed in lacrosse... that on top of a huge list of other no-no's) and started ragging on her overall appearance. Liza just turned to the mother and said "eff you woman," gave her the middle and stomped off the field.
I think we had to go looking for her that night.
I believe in a forgiving God. A merciful God. Suicide isn't pretty and it hurts.
"... Cause her, O Lord, to be overshadowed by the clouds of Thy bounty and favor, immerse her in the ocean of Thy forgiveness and pardon, and enable her to enter that sanctified abode, Thy heavenly Paradise..."

suicide sucks. :(
ReplyDeleteit is very touching when you write from the heart... I am sure your prayers will reach Lisa's soul.
and that song is adorable.
xoxox
(bk)
I grew up with Liza and I miss her so much! I was so shocked to hear she was gone. I haven't seen her since last summer, she was so hard to get ahold off… she will forever be missed.
ReplyDelete