Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey

That twisted gut wrenching feeling in my stomach is not from the three fried empanadas topped with Nuetella I so happily downed this afternoon. It's the feeling one gets when they are in one place and their family and friends are together in another place... eating turkey (which I actually don't care for... but I wouldn't mind a piece of my Dad/Mom's today), pie, Nana's bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, and more.

But, I have so much to be thankful for... it almost almost out weighs the heavy absence of my dear family today. When I woke up this morning, I didn't realize it was Thanksgiving. I actually didn't realize it until I was down at the park, waiting for my arch nemesis to drive around in the school bus to pick me up. I was just randomly thinking about how incredibly lucky I was to have been born in the family I have now. To be born as a middle child, the only one of us three who knows what it's like to be both a younger and older sibling. To have such a loving father and mother like mine. To have best friends for siblings. To have the Baha'i Faith in my life from infancy. And then it hit me, that today was Thanksgiving. My sneaky subconscious knew it alllllll along!

But I'm very grateful for so much more. Like how I'm going to go see Harry Potter tomorrow in Quito (in English). Also... my hair will look like this tonight for the Day of the Covenant + 19 Day Feast celebration. Bring it on like donkey kong.
Design For Mankind




















Thanks for the link to this fantastic blog, BK.

3 comments:

  1. Kung fu staring contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked the blog dear!!!

    xoxxo

    bk

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make my soul explode. I'm grateful for you. come back soon before I'm off on my advventure

    ReplyDelete