Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This is something I feel strongly about.

Service is more than the physical act of doing service.
It's sacrifice. It's struggle. It's humility. It's heart. You need the meat, the stuff, the substance, the spirit, the soul of service. Without it, you're just going through the motions... an empty meaningless shell.

I'm learning this... I mean, I always knew this. I knew this concept before, but I don't think I ever really truly and fully and heartily applied it. I'm learning this.

I'm going to be a doctor,a person who finds ways to heal the body, a person who sustains the vessel of service, of the spirit and soul. I was always so weary of this... wondering how the heck I'm going to find time to have a family and to serve the world and participate in the activities of my religion. But each prescription and each consultation will be service because I will be helping maintain the physical health of my community, so that the community may arise to help others and serve the world. I'm so exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. EEEE Dr. Maryam. Tis me

Also... Valerie and I have an arch nemesis. His name is the bus driver (more commonly known as Sr. Chavez but whatever, common names are overrated). It seems as if the bus drivers here are kinda like the Mafia. They do what they want, which reminds me of my dear half Shannon, which is a fond thought... but the bus drivers do what they want in a bad way and Shannon just does what she wants. Now I'm longing for some diet coke and music from hairspray. Miss you boo

1 comment: