Friday, July 22, 2011

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

My buddy Artemis plays Coltrane at the office as he performs angiograms for patients. He also taught me how to take color photos today with the angiogram camera. Have I mentioned how much I love it here??

I'm now taking OCTs, doing histories, and taking eye pressures. I'm learning SO much, it's incredible and I'm enjoying myself thoroughly.

Besides that, I've been telling new from Maryam's imagination bed time stories to my cousins. Last night I told Juliet and Maya a story about a pink unicorn named Stacey who learned how to fly from her teacher Mr. George the Happy Monkey where they lived in a land of purple grass and blue tree trunks and yellow and teal polka dotted leaves with rainbow skies and glitter rain. To say my girl cousins are girly girls is an understatement.

Once I told my cousin, Max, a story about a Purple Dragon named Steve who searched far and wide for good qualities but got deceived by Sam the Green Serpent. In the end, Steve, the Purple Dragon, found those beautiful qualities hidden within himself. Hahahah! I know I got Aesop Fables on that one.

Maybe tomorrow night I'll tell them a story about a young girl who traveled to a crazy city and got stuck playing hair salon and monopoly and house and play doh and computer games and reading stories with three crazy (but beautiful) kids. :P

1 comment:

  1. oooo! That's awesome!

    Don't forget to include Children's Stories from the Dawn Breakers! Those are always fun to use (especially when you get to Fort Tabarsi. I would listen to William Sears read that on a cassette tape back in the day, and I would stay up extra late just to make sure I could hear that story. Perhaps that explains why I fell asleep in class so often :D)

    ReplyDelete