After watching the entire first season of Dexter over a span of two days, I can't seem to shake the idea of emotions off my head. Dexter lives with no emotion. Well, as the season goes on it is a little different, but emotions is a huge theme in the show. And so I started thinking about my emotions... the ones that come to mind right now are stress and discontentment. Ew.
O Quintessence of Passion! Put away all covetousness and seek contentment. For the covetous hath ever been deprived and the content hath ever been loved and praised. - Baha'u'llah, The Hidden Words.
I try to follow that. I do. But it's not easy. It requires detachment and patience. My two greatest tests in life. A lot has happened this year and I'm waiting to see what will happen next.
Things to do
1. Read the Writings
2. Let go of what could have been
3. Be patient.
Mayer's new CD is out... it better be good. But I can't imagine it being easy to follow up an album like his last one. Good Hendrix cover and perfect for my problems.

No comments:
Post a Comment